Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU steps up support for Ethiopia: emergency aid for refugees, internally displaced people and to tackle natural disasters
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: 2018 HDRP Funding Update (as of 10 December 2018)
KAKUMA, Kenya, Dec 1 (UNHCR) - There's not much open talk of sex among the Dinka people of Sudan. "Even when I get married, my mother won't tell me what to expect on my wedding night," says one young woman.
[This report does not necessarily reflect the views of the United Nations]
DJIBOUTI, 10 August (IRIN) - A visiting United States Congressman on Monday hailed the humanitarian work being done by a 1,400-strong US task force in the Horn of Africa. The force is involved in health, water and infrastructure projects.
"There is no question that it is very appreciated, from the head of state to the peasant persons and where they are drilling wells there is a profound appreciation," Donald Payne told IRIN in Djibouti.
Update of El Niño