Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 14: November - December 2018
TIANJIN, Sept. 2 (Xinhua) -- China sent its first shipment of urgently needed humanitarian aid to drought and famine victims in the Horn of Africa on Friday, the Ministry of Commerce said.
A ship loaded with 1,440 metric tons of wheat departed from China's port city of Tianjin on Friday and is expected to arrive in Ethiopia via Djibouti at the end of this month, the ministry said in a statement on its website.
The second shipment, 500 metric tons of rice, is scheduled to leave Shanghai on Saturday and reach Kenya by the month's end.
Aug 31 (Reuters) - A 150-nation conference in Geneva is looking at ways to improve climate information to help people cope with ever more droughts, floods, sandstorms and rising sea levels projected this century.
The Aug. 31-Sept. 4 talks are to agree a "Global Framework for Climate Services" that will improve information in areas ranging from health to energy.
Among examples of risks and solutions from around the world given by U.N. agencies:
Between 1991 and 2005, natural disasters killed 960,000 people and economic losses totalled $1.19 trillion.