Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
New York (dpa) - At least 38 million people in Africa are threatened by hunger, caused mostly by a drought that is extending from the Horn of Africa to the southern part of the continent, the World Food Programme (WFP) said Tuesday.
WFP director James Morris told the U.N. Security Council in an open meeting that the lack of political will remains the only obstacle to help those in needs.
''This is an unprecedented crisis, which calls for an unprecedented response,'' Morris said.