Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants Applauds Ethiopia’s New Refugee Law
- UN Entities Support Ethiopia’s Quest for Policy Coherence for SDGs
PROJECTED FOOD ASSISTANCE NEEDS FOR OCTOBER 2011
PROJECTED FOOD ASSISTANCE NEEDS FOR SEPTEMBER 2011
This section summarizes FEWS NET's most forward-looking analysis of projected external emergency food assistance needs, six months from now, in countries where FEWS NET has a staff presence. Overall needs at a national level are compared to typical needs at this time of year during the last five years and categorized as Above-average, Average, or Below-average/No need. A star (*) indicates new information this month.
The Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) monitors and reports staple food prices in cities and towns in food-insecure countries. The Price Watch presents a summary of key trends in selected markets. Prices for all commodities and markets monitored are available in the Price Watch Annex.
High international food and fuel prices represent a relatively new global food security threat, especially for poor urban households.