Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR Ethiopia Fact Sheet December 2018
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- UNHCR Ethiopia - Operational Update (December 2018)
- Self-help group leads to vision, opportunity in rural Ethiopia
- The Agriculture Knowledge, Learning, Documentation and Policy Project: Five Year Final Report January 2014 - December 2018
PROJECTED FOOD ASSISTANCE NEEDS FOR NOVEMBER 2011
PROJECTED FOOD ASSISTANCE NEEDS FOR OCTOBER 2011
The Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) monitors and reports staple food prices in cities and towns in food-insecure countries. The Price Watch presents a summary of key trends in selected markets. Prices for all commodities and markets monitored are available in the Price Watch Annex.
High international food and fuel prices represent a relatively new global food security threat, especially for poor urban households.
FEWS NET alert overviews
AFGHANISTAN: Below–average precipitation and early snowmelt during the 2007/08 winter season have led to below–average wheat production and pasture conditions. Labor migration, not typical for this time of year, is widespread, and access to drinking water is deteriorating.