Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU Desirous to Support Ethiopia in Fighting Human Trafficking: European Commission Official
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
During the June 25th meeting of the interministerial committee on food aid, which was chaired by the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs, France proceeded with the allocation of a second tranche of €10 million in food aid.
The 10 countries receiving this aid are Somalia (€2 million), Afghanistan (€2 million), the Democratic Republic of Congo (€1.5 million), the Palestinian Territories (€1 million), Haiti (€1 million), Sudan (€800,000), Ethiopia (€500,000), the Central African Republic (€500,000), Burundi (€400,000), and Zimbabwe (€300,000).
This latest tranche comes on top of …
RESULTS AT A GLANCE, FY 2008
- The United States obligated more than $1 billion in support of water and sanitation
- More than $815 million was obligated to improve access to safe drinking water and sanitation and promote hygiene in 95 countries worldwide
- Investments in all water and sanitation activities in Sub-Saharan Africa reached more than $648 million
- USAID's drinking water and sanitation for 7.7 million and 6.3 million people, respectively
The Senator Paul Simon Water for the Poor Act of 2005 (the WfP Act) was signed into law on December …
Foreword: A year of challenges
It is my pleasure to present to you the 2008 Annual Report for the United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF).
For the millions of people affected by natural disasters and conflict worldwide, 2008 was a year of enormous challenges. More than 211 million people were affected by natural disasters, with more than 238,000 killed and US$200 billion in damages, making 2008 one of the most devastating years in terms of human and material losses.
Conférence sur la crise financière et économique mondiale
by IIEP and the CfBT Education Trust,
Education is a key factor in restoring normalcy and hope and in providing physical, psychosocial and cognitive protection in emergency situations.
However, few donors have humanitarian policies that explicitly include education from the onset of a humanitarian response.
This book gives an overview of the policies, strategies and financial commitments of the 23 influential Western donors that constitute the OECD in relation to education in fragile and conflictaffected states.
Il est essentiel de continuer à renforcer l'arsenal de protection des civils en période de conflit armé, estime le Secrétaire général de l'ONU, Ban Ki-moon, dans un rapport publié mercredi.
L'année 2009 marque le dixième anniversaire de l'inclusion de la protection des civils en période de conflit armé parmi les questions thématiques examinées par le Conseil de sécurité.
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has called for more robust measures to protect civilians caught in the middle of armed conflict, noting the "appalling levels of human suffering" endured due to the failure of combatants to fully respect international law.
"Civilians still account for the vast majority of casualties and continue to be targeted and subjected to indiscriminate attacks and other violations by parties to conflict," Mr.
Dans le cadre du Programme d'intervention en réponse à la crise alimentaire mondiale (GFRP), le Groupe de la Banque mondiale a lancé un mécanisme de financement rapide afin d'accélérer les apports d'aide aux pays qui en ont le plus besoin. La réponse de la Banque s'est faite en articulation avec l'Equipe spéciale de haut niveau des nations Unies (HTLF) sur la sécurité alimentaire.
The number of people forcibly displaced by armed conflict and human rights violations remains record high.
GENEVA, June 15 (UNHCR) - The UN refugee agency and its supporters around the world pay tribute this week to the courage and resilience of millions of people forced to flee their homes by conflict and persecution.
World Refugee Day (WRD), which falls every June 20, is also a big opportunity for the UNHCR to spread awareness about refugees and other displaced people and to raise funds for our major operations and emergencies in places like Afghanistan, Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iraq and neighbouring countries, Pakistan and Sudan.
Headquarters and field staff have …
In response to the severity of the food crisis and the need for prompt action, the World Bank Group set up the Global Food Crisis Response Program (GFRP) in May 2008 to provide immediate relief to countries hard hit by food high prices. The Bank response has been articulated in coordination with the United Nations' High-Level Task Force on food security.