Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU Desirous to Support Ethiopia in Fighting Human Trafficking: European Commission Official
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
This is one of five Country Case Study Reports that are mandated as a contributing part of the Global Evaluation of ERFs, which is taking place in the latter half of 2012. This case study report reflects the findings arising from a 10 person day mission to Afghanistan by a staff of two, one from Universalia and one from OCHA’s Evaluation and Guidance Section (EGS). Details of the mission can be found in Appendices I and II.
PROJECTED FOOD ASSISTANCE NEEDS FOR FEBRUARY 2012
In 2010 the European Union (27 Member States and the European Commission) maintained and strenghtened its long-term commitment to relieve the suffering of the victims of man-made and natural disasters, and kept its position the world’s leading donor of humanitarian aid. Of the €9.8 billion of humanitarian assistance provided worldwide in 2010, some 41% was delivered by the EU.
World Refugee Day: UNHCR report finds 80 per cent of world's refugees in developing countries
GENEVA, June 20 (UNHCR) – A UNHCR report released today reveals deep imbalance in international support for the world's forcibly displaced, with a full four-fifths of the world's refugees being hosted by developing countries – and at a time of rising anti-refugee sentiment in many industrialized ones.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 13, 2011
Public Information: 202-712-4810
Co-funded grants aim to reduce poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia as world food prices mount
The Department for International Development (DFID) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation today announced a coordinated effort to reduce hunger and poverty in developing countries by supporting agricultural research projects to help small farmers increase their yields and incomes.
SEC(2010) 1428 final
Directorate-General for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection
COMMISSION STAFF WORKING DOCUMENT
The Directorate General for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection (DG ECHO) is responsible for formulating EU humanitarian aid policy and for funding humanitarian aid - including food aid - to victims of conflicts or disasters, both natural and man-made, in non EU countries.
DOCUMENT DE TRAVAIL DES SERVICES DE LA COMMISSION
Direction Générale Aide Humanitaire et Protection Civile
Copie de courtoisie de la DG ECHO du document SEC(2010)1428 du 15/11/2010
La Direction Générale pour l'Aide Humanitaire et la Protection Civile (DG ECHO) est responsable de la formulation de la politique d'aide humanitaire de l'Union Européenne et du financement de l'aide humanitaire - y compris l'aide alimentaire d'urgence - en faveur des victimes de conflits ou catastrophes, tant d'origine naturelle que d'origine humaine, dans …
Sixty-third General Assembly