Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- Ethiopia, WB Sign 100 Mln USD Loan Agreement
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
- Ethiopia: Displacement and Food Security, 28 November 2018
Geneva – IOM, the UN Migration Agency, reports that 8,154 migrants and refugees entered Europe bysea through the first six weeks of 2018. This compares with 12,358 arrivals across the region through the same period last year.
On Monday (12 February) IOM Rome reported Italy’s official Ministry of Interior figures indicate some 4,731 migrants arrived by sea to Italy this year, which represents a steep decline compared to the 9,448 arrivals recorded during the same period last year.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, announced today the evacuation of 162 highly vulnerable refugees from Libya to Italy, including unaccompanied children and women who had been held captive for extended periods of time.
GENÈVE, 14 avril (HCR) – Le HCR a renouvelé mardi son appel à intensifier les opérations de secours et de sauvetage en Méditerranée, après que les garde-côtes italiens aient porté secours à environ 8 500 migrants et réfugiés durant leur tentative de traversée vers l'Europe depuis l'Afrique du Nord.
GENEVA, April 14 (UNHCR) – The UN refugee agency on Tuesday renewed its call for stepped up rescue operations in the Mediterranean after the Italian Coastguard saved some 8,500 migrants and refugees trying to cross the high seas by irregular routes to Europe from North Africa.