Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
SYRIAN ARAB REPUBLIC – Conflict
• Fierce fighting between armed opposition groups continues unabated in northern Syria. Clashes/suicide attacks (close to Turkish border) prompted daily closures and openings of crossing points by Turkish authorities. Movements of Syrians across the border into Turkey and internal displacement reported, especially in Ar-Raqqa and Hassakeh governorates (no exact figures available). Aleppo governorate: government forces have continued advancing, taking over some locations that had been formerly under rebel control.
The refugee operation in Iraq, often underestimated as a protection operation only, represented the biggest refugee challenge currently facing the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNCHR), the Assistant High Commissioner for Protection, Erika Feller, said today at a Headquarters press conference.
Addressing correspondents on the agency's efforts to help protect more than 32 million refugees and others of concern, including in key operations like Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Jordan, Ms. Feller said that the Iraq operation had been underestimated as a …
Jointly with General Assembly, Council Establishes Peacebuilding Commission to Advise on Post-Conflict Issues
The volume and scope of the Security Council’s activities increased in 2005 as the scale of peacekeeping operations reached a historic high, but in a late-year action to ease that burden, the Council, acting concurrently with the General Assembly, operationalized a major decision of the World Summit and established a Peacebuilding Commission to advise it on post-conflict situations.