Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 72 | 7 - 20 January 2019
- Ethiopia | Internal displacement (December 2018) – DG ECHO Daily Map | 22/01/2019
- Ethiopia – Inter-communal fighting in South Sudanese refugee camps (DG ECHO, DG ECHO partners) (ECHO Daily Flash of 21 January 2019)
The refugee operation in Iraq, often underestimated as a protection operation only, represented the biggest refugee challenge currently facing the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNCHR), the Assistant High Commissioner for Protection, Erika Feller, said today at a Headquarters press conference.
Addressing correspondents on the agency's efforts to help protect more than 32 million refugees and others of concern, including in key operations like Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Jordan, Ms. Feller said that the Iraq operation had been underestimated as a …
CWS assists displaced Iraqis
Church World Service is working with the Action by Churches Together coalition to assist thousands of displaced Iraqis, both those displaced within Iraq and those who have left their country because of the war. The United Nations estimates some 40,000 to 50,000 Iraqis leave the country every month, seeking refuge in neighboring Arab nations.
Throughout the war in Iraq, Church World Service has worked through partners to provide medical supplies, CWS Health and School Kits, and other assistance for families in need.