Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia | Internal displacement (December 2018) – DG ECHO Daily Map | 22/01/2019
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 72 | 7 - 20 January 2019
- Ethiopia – Inter-communal fighting in South Sudanese refugee camps (DG ECHO, DG ECHO partners) (ECHO Daily Flash of 21 January 2019)
In Kabul, Laghman, and Nangahar, 763 families received packages of fresh Udhiyah meat.
Over 10,000 pounds of fresh meat was distributed to 2,300 poor Iraqi families, as well as a number of orphans, in the provinces of Baghdad, Anbar, Diyala, and Mosul.
Udhiyah meat was distributed to 580 families living in Palestinian refugee camps and isolated rural villages.
In the governorates of Tripoli and Sidon LIFE distributed Udhiyah meat to 130 needy families.
Jointly with General Assembly, Council Establishes Peacebuilding Commission to Advise on Post-Conflict Issues
The volume and scope of the Security Council’s activities increased in 2005 as the scale of peacekeeping operations reached a historic high, but in a late-year action to ease that burden, the Council, acting concurrently with the General Assembly, operationalized a major decision of the World Summit and established a Peacebuilding Commission to advise it on post-conflict situations.
(A) Middle East, Central Asia and Eastern Europe: 1) Iraq, 2) Afghanistan, 3) Albania, 4) Azerbaijan
(B) East and Central Africa: (1) Burundi, (2) DR Congo, (3) Djibouti, (4) Eritrea, (5) Ethiopia, (6) Kenya, (7) Rwanda, (8) Somalia, (9) Sudan, (10) Tanzania, (11) Uganda
(C) West Africa Region: (1) Sahel region (2) Chad, (3) Guinea Bissau, (4) Sierra Leone, (5) Guinea, (6) Liberia, (7) Cote D'Ivoire
(D) Southern Africa: (1) Regional, (2) Angola, (3) Lesotho, (4) Madagascar, (5) Malawi, (6) Mozambique, (7) Namibia, (8) Swaziland, (9) Zimbabwe
Several Council Members Stress Importance
of Dealing With Root Causes of Hunger
NEW YORK, 4 January (Department of Political Affairs) -- Pursuant to paragraph 4 (b) of the note by the President of the Security Council dated 30 October 1998 (S/1998/1016), and after consultations among the members of the Council, it was agreed to elect the chairpersons and vice-chairpersons of the following sanctions committees for a period running until 31 December 2001:
Security Council Committee established by resolution 661 (1990) concerning the situation between Iraq and Kuwait: