Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
GOAL is dedicated to ensuring that the poorest of the poor and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental needs and rights of life including, but not limited to, food, water, shelter, medical attention and primary education.
GOAL has responded to almost every major natural and man-made disaster in the past 32 years and is currently operational in +10 countries.
INDONESIA -CENTRAL JAVA AND YOGYAKARTA - EARTHQUAKE AND MT MERAPI VOLCANO
On 27 May, an earthquake measuring 5.9 on Richter scale struck Yogyakarta Province. The epicentre was approximately 37.2 km south of Yogyakarta at a depth of 33 kilometres. The most affected districts were Bantul and Kulonprogo south of Yogyakarta. The death toll stands at 5,778. The number of injuries stands at 37,912. 205,888 homes have been completely destroyed.
A message from the ACT Coordinating Office
Release No. 0358.99 FAS PR 0387-99 Andy Solomon (202) 720-4623 email@example.com Eric Van Chantfort (202) 720-9443 WASHINGTON, Sept. 10, 1999
Agriculture Secretary Dan Glickman today announced that the U.S. Department of Agriculture will ship approximately 8.5 million metric tons of U.S. commodities under fiscal 1999 food aid programs, more than five times last year's 1.6 million tons, and the largest tonnage in at least 25 years.
"American food aid helps relieve hunger and suffering around the world," said Glickman.