Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 72 | 7 - 20 January 2019
- Ethiopia | Internal displacement (December 2018) – DG ECHO Daily Map | 22/01/2019
- Ethiopia – Inter-communal fighting in South Sudanese refugee camps (DG ECHO, DG ECHO partners) (ECHO Daily Flash of 21 January 2019)
21 janvier 2013 – La Secrétaire générale adjointe aux affaires humanitaires, Valerie Amos, a annoncé lundi le versement de près de 100 millions de dollars par le Fonds central pour les interventions d'urgence (CERF) afin de renforcer les urgences humanitaires négligées dans 12 pays.
Il s'agit de l'Afghanistan, de l'Algérie, du Burundi, de la République populaire démocratique de Corée, de Djibouti, de l'Erythrée, de l'Éthiopie, d'Haïti, du Libéria, du Soudan, de l'Ouganda et du Yémen.
- Innovation Fair draws 32 project proposals aimed at helping populations living in conflict-affected states.
- About 2,000 competition participants select finalists through online voting.
- Finalists incorporate technologies to improve governance and service delivery; others use media to tell stories of conflict-affected groups.
June 7, 2010- A global array of social innovators and peace-builders came together recently in Cape Town, South Africa, to share new ideas and raise their voices to help vulnerable people caught in the crossfire of persistent state conflict.
The World …
Comité spécial des opérations
de maintien de la paix
Session de fond de 2010
Special Committee on
Sixty-third General Assembly
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on critical health-related activities in countries where there are humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional office and headquarters. The mandate of the WHO departments specifically concerned with Emergency and Humanitarian Action in Crises is to increase the effectiveness of the WHO contribution to crisis preparedness and response, transition and recovery.
The United Nations' emergency relief official today told a United Nations Headquarters press conference that the recent severe weather that had hit the Caribbean, South Asia and West Africa could not have come at a worse time, as many of the affected countries were already reeling from the effects of the global food crisis.
Briefing correspondents on the humanitarian situation in areas that have been affected by recent storms and floods, John Holmes, …
The disturbing images should spur the global community to action: riots in Haiti, protests in Egypt and violence in many other countries, sparked by the rising price of food. The World Bank Group estimates doubling of food prices over the past three years could push 100 million people in low-income countries deeper into poverty. And the problem is here to stay: The realities of demography, changing diets, energy prices and biofuels and climate changes suggest that high food prices will be with us for some time.
Since 2005, the prices of staple foods have jumped 80 percent.