Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
Washington, D.C. - Today at an event on Capitol Hill, Feed the Future, the U.S. Government's global hunger and food security initiative, announced that developing countries are making substantial progress against global hunger, poverty and malnutrition, thanks in part to U.S. Government support. In 2014 alone, Feed the Future reached nearly 19 million households and helped nearly 7 million farmers gain access to new tools and technologies. New data demonstrate that, through Feed the Future and other U.S.
US Rushes Haiti Aid as Quake Toll Rises
By Ben Barber
A major earthquake struck the densely populated Haitian capital of Port-au-Prince just before 5 p.m., Jan 12. As of Feb. 6, Haiti's government estimated 212,000 were killed, hundreds of thousands badly injured, and up to 3 million people in need of food, water, medical care, and shelter.
The disaster set off one of the world's largest emergency relief operations in recent memory.
Vienna, 7 May 2008 - "The global food crisis calls for a response based on solidarity, and Austria is making a further contribution," announced Foreign Minister Ursula Plassnik today. At the suggestion of the Federal Ministry for Agriculture and Forestry, Environment and Water Management, the Federal Government has pledged 2,790,000 euros for the UN's world food programme.
"We must grasp the dimensions of the crisis. One hundred million people are threatened with death by starvation as a consequence of higher food prices.