Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Innovation Fair draws 32 project proposals aimed at helping populations living in conflict-affected states.
- About 2,000 competition participants select finalists through online voting.
- Finalists incorporate technologies to improve governance and service delivery; others use media to tell stories of conflict-affected groups.
June 7, 2010- A global array of social innovators and peace-builders came together recently in Cape Town, South Africa, to share new ideas and raise their voices to help vulnerable people caught in the crossfire of persistent state conflict.
The World …
US Rushes Haiti Aid as Quake Toll Rises
By Ben Barber
A major earthquake struck the densely populated Haitian capital of Port-au-Prince just before 5 p.m., Jan 12. As of Feb. 6, Haiti's government estimated 212,000 were killed, hundreds of thousands badly injured, and up to 3 million people in need of food, water, medical care, and shelter.
The disaster set off one of the world's largest emergency relief operations in recent memory.
The United Nations' emergency relief official today told a United Nations Headquarters press conference that the recent severe weather that had hit the Caribbean, South Asia and West Africa could not have come at a worse time, as many of the affected countries were already reeling from the effects of the global food crisis.
Briefing correspondents on the humanitarian situation in areas that have been affected by recent storms and floods, John Holmes, …