Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Afar Region, Round 13: September/October 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
1) Strong easterly wave activity across West Africa is expected to enhance precipitation amounts during the next week, which may trigger localized flooding over parts of eastern Guinea, southeastern Senegal, and border areas of Mali and Cote d’Ivoire. Continued oversaturation of ground conditions in Guinea also heightens the risk for water-borne diseases outbreaks.
1) Above-average rains observed in western Sudan and eastern Chad during the past thirty days have caused localized flash floods. With additional heavy rain forecast for the next week, localized flash flooding could occur.
Update of CPC Seasonal Outlooks at 4 Months Lead:
February-April 2007 Forecasts
Gulf of Guinea Region
There is a tilt in the odds favoring below normal rainfall over most parts in the region, including Liberia, eastern Guinea, southern and eastern Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, and the northern halves of Togo and Benin.
The FAO site (http://www.fao.org/ag/locusts/en/info/info/index.html) was last updated on …