Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia: Agriculture Sector HDRP Monthly Dashboard (October 2018)
- Ethiopia: Agriculture Sector Monthly Gap Analysis - Agriculture Emergency Seed and Tools Intervention (October 2018)
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Suppressed rainfall continues in the Gulf of Guinea region.
- Dryness worsens throughout parts of Ethiopia.
1) While a recent increase in August precipitation has led to more favorable ground moisture, a delayed onset and uneven rainfall distribution observed during the June-September season may negatively impact cropping and pastoral conditions in the region.
Torrential rain caused flooding and fatalities in Conakry, Guinea.
Below-average rain has continued in north-central Ethiopia.
1) A premature cessation of rains for bimodal regions of southern Ghana, Togo, and Benin has led to increased moisture deficits and negative impacts. A delayed onset of the rainy season, followed by poorly-distributed rainfall has led to abnormal dryness across western and north-central Nigeria.
1) The onset of the rainy season was delayed by more than four weeks across southeastern Sudan, northwestern Ethiopia, and southern Eritrea. This has delayed planting, reduced planting areas, and negatively impacted crops across the region. Though an increase in rainfall has been observed since the beginning of August, seasonal rainfall deficits have been sustained over many local areas.
Update of CPC Seasonal Outlooks at 4 Months Lead:
February-April 2007 Forecasts
Gulf of Guinea Region
There is a tilt in the odds favoring below normal rainfall over most parts in the region, including Liberia, eastern Guinea, southern and eastern Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, and the northern halves of Togo and Benin.
The FAO site (http://www.fao.org/ag/locusts/en/info/info/index.html) was last updated on …
EXPERTS' MEETING ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE AU AND THE REGIONAL MECHANISMS FOR CONFLICT PREVENTION, MANAGEMENT AND RESOLUTION ADDIS ABABA, 22 - 23 MARCH 2005
Update of the ITCZ Position