OCHA - Situation Report - Highlights ()
- The access situation in Tigray is fluid and constantly changing. Despite recent improvements in access, active conflict in various areas this week restricted humanitarian response.
- In addition to insecurity, humanitarian partners continue to flag challenges with capacity and resources to be able to scale up to the level needed to respond across Tigray.
- Security permitting, humanitarian partners with the capacity and resources to expand into rural areas are looking at how to reach areas where no assistance has yet been provided.
- The Government of Ethiopia is working to reach six Woredas that have not received any food assistance, targeting approximately 300,000 people.
- Women and girls caught in the conflict continue to fall victims of sexual violence and abuse.
This paper summarises challenges associated with drought displacement in the Somali region of Ethiopia, and recommendations to achieve durable solutions. Based on a workshop with key humanitarian...
HIGHLIGHTS The access situation in Tigray is fluid and constantly changing. Despite recent improvements in access, active conflict in various areas this week restricted humanitarian response. In...
COVID-19 context: As of 15 April 2021, the Ethiopian Ministry of Health (MoH) reported 236,554 coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and 3,285 deaths in the country. According to a UN report, the cases...