Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #10 – Reporting Period: October 2018
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
East of Africa Overview
Food security: As of May 2014, nearly 17 million people are in Stressed, Crisis, and Emergency (IPC Phases 2, 3, and 4) acute food insecurity conditions in East Africa. Populations in the higher phases can be found in South Sudan, Sudan, eastern Ethiopia, Djibouti, southern Somalia, and northern Kenya (FEWSNET, 06/2014).
- Key messages s
The Somalia Strategic Response Plan SRP is currently 22% funded; and the Ethiopia Humanitarian Requirements document is 19% funded.
US$275m has been reported disbursed to Somalia and US$151m to Ethiopia so far in 2014, very little of this earmarked specifically for the drought affected areas.
At the same point last year (2013) the totals were much higher - US$499m for Somalia and US$384m for Ethiopia.