Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- German Launches Special Training Initiative to Refugees in Ethiopia
The Migration Country Profiles project aspires to contribute to a better understanding of migratory trends across Africa and the Middle East towards Europe. The project focuses specifically on the 2016 top-ten countries of origin of migrants and six key countries of transit that migrants are likely to take before embarking on the Mediterranean or Aegean sea journeys.
The profiles take particular consideration the push factors of migration, including human rights, conflict, and development contexts of each country of origin and transit.
Syria: Conflict continues in the country with further infighting reported between armed groups in Deir-ez-Zor, clashes between opposition and government forces in Idleb, and governmental bombardments on the governorates of Rif Dimashq, Dar’a and Aleppo. To date, over 2.4 million people have fled the country, and an estimated 6.5 million are internally displaced. Meanwhile, the latest round of Geneva II peace talks between Syrian Government representatives and opposition leaders came to an end with little progress being made.