Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Briefing note: Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) Ethiopia (August 2018)
On this day when the whole world is celebrating the International Day Against Impunity for crimes committed against journalists, the Federation of African Journalists (FAJ), the African group of the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ), calls on the African Union and governments to take bold initiatives in order to end the unbearable impunitythe perpetrators of the worst crimes against journalists enjoy in Africa.
A triple crisis
More than 1,200 African migrants who have been seeking refuge at an IOM transit centre in the southern Libyan city of Sebha are being evacuated to Chad, ending weeks of uncertainty and fear over their future.
The migrants, part of a large group of several thousand who had arrived at the centre as the battle for control of Sebha began, left on a convoy of 15 trucks on Sunday 2nd October, accompanied by the Chadian Deputy Consul and Chadian and Nigerian community elders.
8 September 2011 – With nearly 800 million people unable to read or write, the United Nations today marked International Literacy Day with a warning that illiteracy undermines efforts to eliminate a host of social ills such as poverty and sickness and threatens the very stability of nations.
The Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), meeting in its 135th Session, has approved over US$56 million in loans and US$6 million in grants to address Africa’s needs. The funds will be allocated to the energy, transportation, agriculture, health and financial sectors.
LONDRES/GEN=C8VE, 6 février 2011 - Plus de 6000 communautés ont choisi d'abandonner la mutilation génitale féminine/excision (MGF/E), selon un programme commun des Nations Unies consacré à l'élimination de cette pratique, et ce nombre ne fait que croître.
L'UNFPA, le Fonds des Nations Unies pour la population, et l'UNICEF, le Fonds des Nations Unies pour l'enfance, travaillent en partenariat pour mettre fin à la MGF/E, une pratique qui a des séquelles graves, tant immédiates qu'à long terme, sur la santé des filles et des femmes et qui représente clairement une …