Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
- 23 Killed in Ethnic Violence Near Addis Ababa
- Ethiopia tops global list of highest internal displacement in 2018
The State of Peace and Security in Africa (SPSA) is a background document prepared annually for the Tana High-Level Forum on Security in Africa. First published in 2014, it provides a succinct overview and analysis of the most salient conflict trends and offers a nuanced understanding of the efforts and responses that are designed to manage complex peace and security challenges on the continent.
Desmidt, S., Hauck, V. 2017. Gestion des conflits dans le cadre de l'Architecture africaine de la paix et de sécurité (APSA). (Document de réflexion 211). Maastricht : ECDPM.
Desmidt, S., Hauck, V. 2017. Conflict management under the African Peace and Security Architecture (APSA). (Discussion Paper 211). Maastricht: ECDPM.
Welcome to the September issue of the Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project’s (ACLED)
Conflict Trends report. Each month, ACLED researchers gather, analyse and publish data on political violence in Africa in realtime. Weekly updates to realtime conflict event data are published on the ACLED website, and are also available through our research partners at Climate Change and African Political Stability (CCAPS).
Authors: Steve Wiggins, Julia Compton and Sharada Keats
The issue of rising food prices came to international attention in early 2008. This document answers the following questions about the crisis and responses to it:
- What has happened to food prices and why?
- Why are food prices important & where can we find them?
- How have countries and the international community responded?
- The future
Prepared by: Caroline Delany and Sonja
With the generous support of the Canadian International Development Agency.