Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- UNHCR Ethiopia Fact Sheet September 2018
Ventimiglia, Italy- As a consequence of the ever-stricter border policies in place in Europe since the sharp increase in migration in 2015, the Italian town of Ventimiglia, near the French border, has turned into the main transit point for migrants trying to reach other EU countries from Italy. Since the end of 2016, Médécins Sans Frontières (MSF) has started providing maternal care and mental health support to migrants in transit to France, who are stuck at the border with no access to basic health care.
As of 28 October, IOM has assisted 2,060 migrants with air evacuation, including 90 resettlement cases to Sweden (68) and France (22).
To date, over 21,000 individuals in Abyan, Aden, Al Dhale’e, and Ibb governorates have received shelter assistance.
Since the beginning of the crisis, IOM has provided 12,140 individuals with onward transportation assistance from Djibouti and Somalia to their areas of origin.
To date, IOM has assisted 2,054 migrants with air evacuation, including 75 resettlement cases to Sweden (53) and France (22) to leave Yemen.
Since the beginning of the crisis, IOM has provided 3,724 migrants with onward transportation assistance from Djibouti to their countries of origin.
To date, IOM has provided 5,350 Ethiopian returnees with accommodation and other postarrival assistance in Ethiopia.
Refugee emergency in Europe: UNHCR appeals for USD 128 million
(Paris) – Asylum seekers and migrants living in destitution in the port city of Calais experience harassment and abuse at the hands of French police, Human Rights Watch said today. The abuses described to Human Rights Watch include beatings and attacks with pepper spray as the migrants and asylum seekers walked in the street or hid in trucks in the hope of traveling to the United Kingdom.
Ethiopia Received over 5,000 New Refugees
Five thousand one hundred and ninety three new refugees were registered in Ethiopia in the last two months and this brings to 427,077 the total number of refugees Ethiopia hosted by 30 November 2013. Nearly half (2,496) of the new arrivals came from Eritrea while the rest represent newcomers from Somalia, Sudan and South Sudan combined.