Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
France will today sign in Addis Ababa a financing agreement amounting to €550,000 with the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees.
This agreement provides for the funding of projects to support Eritrean refugees in Ethiopia, notably in the Tigray region. The projects focus in particular on the protection of girls and unaccompanied minors, improving psychological support for the most vulnerable refugees and, in the wake of the Lampedusa tragedy, raising awareness of the risks associated with illegal immigration networks.
President Sarkozy decided on August 1 to triple French aid to the Horn of Africa.
The crisis unit of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs met on August 2 with 19 NGOs specializing in emergency humanitarian assistance, the French Red Cross and International Committee of the Red Cross, as well as several representatives of UN humanitarian agencies, four local government associations and two corporate foundations to define together the projects to put in place on an emergency basis.
DU MINISTRE D'ÉTAT, MINISTRE DES AFFAIRES ÉTRANGÈRES ET EUROPÉENNES,
DU MINISTRE DE L'AGRICULTURE, DE L'ALIMENTATION,
DE LA RURALITÉ, DE LA PÊCHE ET DE L'AMÉNAGEMENT DU TERRITOIRE,
BRUNO LE MAIRE ET DU MINISTRE CHARGÉ DE LA COOPÉRATION,
HENRI DE RAINCOURT
(Paris, 22 juillet 2011)
La France est mobilisée pour faire face à la crise alimentaire exceptionnelle actuelle dans les pays de la Corne de l’Afrique.