Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Helping Ethiopia Achieve Green Growth and Avoid Industrialised Nations’ Environmental Mistakes
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 65 | 01-14 October 2018
During 2017, almost 38,900 refugees were submitted by UNHCR for resettlement1 to 25 countries in Europe,2 36% more than during 2016 and over three times greater than the average rate of 12,400 submissions per year during the last decade.
Between 2007 and 2016, Europe’s proportion of resettlement sub-missions globally has increased from approximately 9% to more than 18%, and in 2017 reached 52%. This is primarily due to a significant decrease globally in new submissions for resettlement, most notably to the United States of America.
Between 1 January and 31 July 2017, 25,556 refugees were submitted by UNHCR for resettlement to 22 countries in Europe, only 11% less than the total for 2016 and already 130% more than the average rate of 11,100 submissions per year during the last decade.
In 2016, 18,175 refugees were resettled1 to 20 countries in Europe2, a 63% increase compared to 2015.
GINEBRA, 13 de junio de 2016 (ACNUR) - Debido a la multitud de conflictos y crisis que causan una cantidad record de desplazamientos alrededor del mundo, el reasentamiento ha asumido un papel cada vez más vital en los esfuerzos del ACNUR para encontrar soluciones y abogar por un reparto de responsabilidades más justo para los refugiados, de acuerdo con un informe emitido hoy en una reunión anual en Ginebra.
Avec une multitude de conflits et de crises générant des déplacements de populations sans précédent à travers le monde, la réinstallation s’avère essentielle dans les efforts du HCR pour trouver des solutions et plaider pour un partage équitable des responsabilités dans l’aide aux réfugiés, peut-on lire dans un rapport publié aujourd’hui par le HCR.
With a multitude of conflicts and crises causing record displacement around the world, resettlement has become an increasingly vital part of UNHCR’s efforts to find solutions and advocate for fairer responsibility-sharing for refugees, a UNHCR report released today at an annual meeting in Geneva says.
Refugee emergency in Europe: UNHCR appeals for USD 128 million
Ethiopia Received over 5,000 New Refugees
Five thousand one hundred and ninety three new refugees were registered in Ethiopia in the last two months and this brings to 427,077 the total number of refugees Ethiopia hosted by 30 November 2013. Nearly half (2,496) of the new arrivals came from Eritrea while the rest represent newcomers from Somalia, Sudan and South Sudan combined.