Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Afar Region, Round 13: September/October 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
Chair’s Summary – Publication of the G7 Report on the Implementation of the G8 Declaration on Preventing Sexual Violence in Conflict
The Chair of the G7 has the honour to present the G7 Report on the Implementation of the G8 Declaration on Preventing Sexual Violence in Conflict.
As of 28 October, IOM has assisted 2,060 migrants with air evacuation, including 90 resettlement cases to Sweden (68) and France (22).
To date, over 21,000 individuals in Abyan, Aden, Al Dhale’e, and Ibb governorates have received shelter assistance.
Since the beginning of the crisis, IOM has provided 12,140 individuals with onward transportation assistance from Djibouti and Somalia to their areas of origin.
To date, IOM has assisted 2,054 migrants with air evacuation, including 75 resettlement cases to Sweden (53) and France (22) to leave Yemen.
Since the beginning of the crisis, IOM has provided 3,724 migrants with onward transportation assistance from Djibouti to their countries of origin.
To date, IOM has provided 5,350 Ethiopian returnees with accommodation and other postarrival assistance in Ethiopia.
Refugee emergency in Europe: UNHCR appeals for USD 128 million
By Christopher Horwood
NAIROBI, 14 July 2015 (IRIN) - In a new column, Christopher Horwood, who has worked in humanitarian and development aid for over three decades and is the founding coordinator of the Regional Mixed Migration Secretariat (RMMS) in Nairobi, Kenya, urges EU leaders to rethink their contradictory approach to irregular migration
Mexico - Tropical Depression THREE
• Tropical Depression THREE formed in the eastern Pacific Ocean, off the coasts of Oaxaca and Guerrero states, on 10 June.
• On 11 June, at 9.00 UTC, its approximate centre was 410km of Acapulco in Guerrero.
• Over the next 48h, THREE is forecast to intensify significantly. It is expected to move north-west and then turn north-northeast, towards Oaxaca and Guerrero.
• Very heavy rainfall and strong winds may affect the southern states of Mexico, particularly Guerrero, Oaxaca and Chiapas, on 11 June.
February 28, 2015 3:28 PM
PARIS— About a mile from Paris' iconic Montmartre neighborhood is a spot where very few tourists go. It is a busy overpass that shelters a collection of small, dirty tents. The metro rumbles overhead. Trains pass by below.
The residents of this tent camp mostly come from East Africa. Everybody has a different story. But nobody wanted to end up on this bridge, with no toilet, no home and, for now, no future.
(Paris) – Asylum seekers and migrants living in destitution in the port city of Calais experience harassment and abuse at the hands of French police, Human Rights Watch said today. The abuses described to Human Rights Watch include beatings and attacks with pepper spray as the migrants and asylum seekers walked in the street or hid in trucks in the hope of traveling to the United Kingdom.