Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
Ethiopia Received over 5,000 New Refugees
Five thousand one hundred and ninety three new refugees were registered in Ethiopia in the last two months and this brings to 427,077 the total number of refugees Ethiopia hosted by 30 November 2013. Nearly half (2,496) of the new arrivals came from Eritrea while the rest represent newcomers from Somalia, Sudan and South Sudan combined.
France will today sign in Addis Ababa a financing agreement amounting to €550,000 with the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees.
This agreement provides for the funding of projects to support Eritrean refugees in Ethiopia, notably in the Tigray region. The projects focus in particular on the protection of girls and unaccompanied minors, improving psychological support for the most vulnerable refugees and, in the wake of the Lampedusa tragedy, raising awareness of the risks associated with illegal immigration networks.