Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR Ethiopia Fact Sheet December 2018
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- UNHCR Ethiopia - Operational Update (December 2018)
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Tigray Region, Round 14: November – December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Somali Region, Round 14: November/December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
DireDawa, December 8, 2011 (DireDawa) - Potable water project launched at Diredawa town administration at a cost of 2.8 million Birr has been completed, Town's Water and Sewerage Authority said.
Authority Manager, Jemal Yonis told ENA that facility would enhance the current 76 percent of water coverage of the town.
The construction cost of the facility was covered by Villeurbanne, Diredawa’s sister City of France.
Similarly, he said Villeurbanne City has also donated medical equipment including 110 delivery beds amounting to 800,000 Birr to Diredawa hospital.
President Sarkozy decided on August 1 to triple French aid to the Horn of Africa.
The crisis unit of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs met on August 2 with 19 NGOs specializing in emergency humanitarian assistance, the French Red Cross and International Committee of the Red Cross, as well as several representatives of UN humanitarian agencies, four local government associations and two corporate foundations to define together the projects to put in place on an emergency basis.
DU MINISTRE D'ÉTAT, MINISTRE DES AFFAIRES ÉTRANGÈRES ET EUROPÉENNES,
DU MINISTRE DE L'AGRICULTURE, DE L'ALIMENTATION,
DE LA RURALITÉ, DE LA PÊCHE ET DE L'AMÉNAGEMENT DU TERRITOIRE,
BRUNO LE MAIRE ET DU MINISTRE CHARGÉ DE LA COOPÉRATION,
HENRI DE RAINCOURT
(Paris, 22 juillet 2011)
La France est mobilisée pour faire face à la crise alimentaire exceptionnelle actuelle dans les pays de la Corne de l’Afrique.