Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
The Finnish Ambassador to Ethiopia, Ambassador Helena Airaksinen said yesterday (November 8) that her country would continue providing professional and financial assistance to Ethiopia.
She said the assistance would focus on rural water supply and sanitation as well as the expansion of primary school education. The Ambassador added that Finland had the desire to carry out concrete works in these selected sectors during the second Growth and Transformation Plan.
- The Emergency Transit Centres were established to provide emergency protection and the possibility to evacuate refugees who could not be protected in their countries of asylum. Temporary relocation of refugees who required resettlement on an urgent or emergency basis to an Evacuation Transit Facility (ETF) was expected to serve five objectives, namely:
Provide timely and effective protection to an individual or group of individuals of concern to UNHCR;
“It's great to see the many areas in which the country has developed in recent years. On the other hand, development always needs a free civil society, and I hope that this will also take place here," said Heidi Hautala, Minister for International Development, during her visit to Ethiopia.
“What will you grow up to be?”, Heidi Hautala asked children in Lideta slum of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. “A doctor”, “a scientist” and “an airline captain”, said 13 and 14-year-old girls.