Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Helping Ethiopia Achieve Green Growth and Avoid Industrialised Nations’ Environmental Mistakes
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 65 | 01-14 October 2018
The Finnish Ambassador to Ethiopia, Ambassador Helena Airaksinen said yesterday (November 8) that her country would continue providing professional and financial assistance to Ethiopia.
She said the assistance would focus on rural water supply and sanitation as well as the expansion of primary school education. The Ambassador added that Finland had the desire to carry out concrete works in these selected sectors during the second Growth and Transformation Plan.
Posted by Tesfaye Abera
Addis Ababa March 25/2014
The government of Ethiopia, in collaboration with the government of Finland, has designed a project for acid soil treatment and its implementation would begin soon, the Ethiopian Geological Survey disclosed.
Chief Geologist with Ethiopian Geological Survey Hunde Meleka said the project will be implemented by the Ethiopian Geological Survey and the Ministry of Agriculture on the Ethiopian side, and the Foreign Ministry as well as the Geological Survey and the Agriculture and Nutrition Study Program of Finland.