Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: Agriculture Sector HDRP Monthly Dashboard (October 2018)
Press release 56/2017 27 March 2017
By decision of Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Kai Mykkänen, Finland’s humanitarian aid will amount to EUR 61.4 million, of which approximately EUR 20 million will be channelled to the famine-hit countries in the Horn of Africa and to Nigeria and Yemen.
The Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs will allocate EUR 23.6 million of emergency aid by the end of this year. The new decisions made by Minister for International Development Heidi Hautala will raise Finland’s total humanitarian contribution to more than EUR 90 million in 2011. Alongside the alleviation of acute distress situations, Finland lays emphasis on finding long-term solutions.
Finland directs humanitarian assistance to Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America.