Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
Ce rapport d’activité fait la synthèse des activités du Résultat 5, connu également sous le nom de l’initiative de financement des risques de catastrophes en Afrique, appelée « ADRF » (Africa Disaster Risk Financing) ou « l’Initiative ADRF », entre le 1er juillet 2016 et le 30 juin 2017. Ce rapport donne un aperçu des activités accomplies jusqu’à cette date, tout en relevant les priorités et les enjeux à venir.
This activity report summarizes activities of Result Area 5, also known as the Africa Disaster Risk Financing (ADRF) Initiative—referred to as the “ADRF Initiative,” the “Initiative” or “R5”—from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017. The report gives an overview of the achievements to date and identifies upcoming priorities and challenges.
As we write this, Africa is suffering from the strongest El Niño it has faced in decades, causing major floods and droughts throughout Africa, leading to rising economic losses and major impacts on the lives and livelihoods of millions across the continent. Countries across the continent are declaring states of emergency, and are calling on the international community for support.
Birger Fredriksen and Sukhdeep Brar
with Michael Trucano
This book offers policy options that can help reduce textbook costs and increase their supply. The book explores, in depth, the cost and financial barriers that restrict textbook availability in schools across much of the region, as well as policies successfully adapted in other countries. The book also provides a thorough assessment of the pros and cons of digital teaching and learning materials and cautions against the assumption that they can immediately replace printed textbooks.