Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU Desirous to Support Ethiopia in Fighting Human Trafficking: European Commission Official
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 69 | 25 November - 9 December 2018
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
Niger - IOM notes the shocking discovery this week of the remains of 34 migrants near the Algeria-Niger border which brings to 471 the number of deaths and disappearances recorded on the African continent this year by IOM’s Missing Migrants Project.
Across the continent almost 30 million
people are going hungry - many are dying as a result. All can be tackled
with the right kind of action.
Some of Africa's problems are caused by nature, some by man. We need your help to solve them all. Here are some examples of our work across the continent that Focus Africa will support.
Cáritas. Madrid, 21 de febrero de 2006.- Los fondos de ayuda humanitaria de emergencia que la Confederación Cáritas ha enviado a distintas Cáritas africanas en el período mayo-diciembre de 2005 han sido de 923.579 USD $ (unos 770.000 euros). Estos recursos se han destinado, principalmente, a paliar graves situaciones de deficiencia alimentaria causadas por la sequía y otros fenómenos naturales.
Food aid is beginning to flow into Niger, where some 2.9 million people face food shortages.
By Abraham McLaughlin and Christian Allen Purefoy
CARE International is working in Niger and across Africa to address food shortages, help people combat the impact of drought, and improve food production.
Nearly a dozen countries in Africa are facing severe food shortages this year. The UN estimates that more than 30 million people in East, West and Southern Africa will need food aid in coming months.
In Niger, CARE is delivering food and seeds to thousands of starving families, and has been preparing for this crisis since last year.