Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- UNHCR Ethiopia Factsheet - November 2018
- Ethiopia: Historic reforms encouraging; country’s displaced must not be forgotten
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Education unlocks the potential of young minds, and helps new generations realise their dreams for the future. However, we are facing a global education crisis. Millions of children are out of school, or in school but not learning. We must put education at the top of the agenda.
This mapping will be regularly updated :
Are you looking for :
- Accountability Working Groups at country or regional levels ?
2.Examples of inter-agency information and feedback mechanisms or call centers ?
3.Examples of inter-agency projects related to Accountability to Affected Populations ?
4.Examples of how accountability to affected population is integrated into Humanitarian Response Plans?
5.Examples of how accountability to affected population is integrated into key global reports ?
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
Food insecurity in 2012/13 is comparably worse than the last three years.
More than 1,000 refugees have received new identification documents.
Zimbabwe’s livestock situation is grave, with deaths due to starvation being reported in some provinces.
BY DR. TOMAZ AUGUSTO SALOMÃO
OF THE COMESA-EAC-SADC TRIPARTITE
SIGNING OF THE COMESA-EAC-SADC TRIPARTITE AGREEMENT
FOR THE JOINT IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROGRAMME ON
CLIMATE CHANGE ADAPTATION AND MITIGATION IN
EASTERN AND SOUTHERN AFRICA
16 TH JULY 2012, ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA
Note: Map production date estimated.
In October 2001, the Environment Unit in UNHCR’s Engineering and Environmental Services Section (EESS) organised a four-day workshop in Geneva. The workshop was entitled “Practising and Promoting Sound Environmental Management in Refugee/Returnee Operations”.