Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
(Ottawa, July 25, 2012) One year after a devastating drought was declared in the Horn of Africa, the Canadian Red Cross continues to help communities across the region recover and rebuild. Red Cross efforts have shifted from immediate relief, like life-saving feeding and health care centres, to include long-term recovery programs that ensure communities are healthier and more resilient to future crises.
(OTTAWA, July 14, 2011) The Canadian Red Cross has launched an emergency appeal to assist millions of people affected by drought in the Horn of Africa. Very poor rainfall in the region, estimated to be the worst in 60 years, has destroyed crops and livestock, and caused thousands of families to flee their homes in search of food and clean water.
(Ottawa - September 27, 2007) Extensive flooding has affected more than one million people and left 650,000 homeless in over 18 countries in East, Central and West Africa.