Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia: Agriculture Sector HDRP Monthly Dashboard (October 2018)
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
The month of October was marked by near average rains in most regions of the country.
However, the rains were below average in large areas of Juba, Shabelle, Bay, southern part of Gedo and in pocket areas of Central (Mudug and Galgadud) [Maps 2 and 9].
Rain gauge data collected in October confirm below average rainfall in October in many locations in the South. In the North and Central, the majority of stations show above average rainfall (Map 1 and Table 1).