Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #10 – Reporting Period: October 2018
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
Rotarians around the world are celebrating 25 years today since the End Polio Now initiative began.
In 2011, ShelterBox delivered more than 8,500 disaster relief tents to more than 8,500 refugee families in Kenya and Ethiopia, making it the largest movement of ShelterBox aid that year.
ShelterBox was responding to what many reports said was the worst drought in 60 years in the Horn of Africa, which sparked a severe food crisis.
Families were not only fleeing drought and subsequent famine but also the increasingly unstable situation in Somalia.
International disaster relief charity, ShelterBox, is standing ready to deploy emergency shelter and supplies to East Africa in response to the growing famine and refugee crisis. Two ShelterBox teams are already on the ground.
ShelterBox Founder and CEO Tom Henderson OBE said: ‘The situation in the Horn of Africa is incredibly complex and it’s imperative the international humanitarian community work in unison to bring aid to those people in need.