Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia-Kenya high-level cross-border Peace dialogue concludes with an action plan to address ongoing inter-communal conflict along common border
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
second year in brief
- In a bid to join international efforts to seek a peaceful resolution to the situation in Sudan, the government of the Republic of Korea has decided to contribute US$300,000 to the Sudan Refugee Relief Fund of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
° The ROK government plans to support refugees in South Sudan with the donation.
2011 saw Korea at the forefront of efforts to strengthen the existing framework of international cooperation for the provision of development assistance, disaster relief, and NGO-headed aid programs. From leadership at high-level international conferences to a series of historic summit meetings that saw President Lee Myung-bak become the first Korean head of state to visit Africa, the events of the past year pointed to significant contributions by Korea as a key player in the international community.
date 2009-12-29 13:00 name Spokesperson's Office
1. With regard to worsening food crisis in the Horn of Africa, caused by continuous drought, the Government of the Republic of Korea has decided to provide 700,000 dollars in emergency aid - 300,000 dollars to Ethiopia, 200,000 dollars to Kenya, and 200,000 dollars to Somalia - through the World Food Programme (WFP) in order to support efforts to overcome food crisis in the Horn of Africa and join the international community in its humanitarian assistance activities.