Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
A 13-person delegation led by UNMIS Regional Coordinator for Southern Sudan David Gressly returned to Juba today from a three-day security and humanitarian assessment mission to seven counties of Upper Nile and Jonglei states in Southern Sudan.
The tour that began on 14 June was intended to give delegation members a first-hand look at conditions on the ground in those counties, all of which are contiguous with southern Sudan’s international border with Ethiopia or its regional border with the north.
Thank you, ladies and gentlemen.
I have just returned from Eastern Sudan which, as you know, is the centre of one of the longest standing refugee situations in Africa. The East epitomizes this country's long history of hosting refugees. It is a tribute to both the Government of Sudan and the people of the Eastern region, who share land and natural resources with refugees who have nowhere else to go.
I visited Wad Sharifey, Shagarab and Kilo 26 refugee camps.
UNMIS HQ, Khartoum
Welcome, ladies and gentlemen of the media.
I thank you for making the time to come to this briefing, and I thank my colleagues at UNMIS for all the good work of organizing it.
I arrived in Sudan one month ago and have had the opportunity-over the past few weeks-to visit UNHCR operations in the East, in Darfur and in Southern Sudan.
Whilst we count on the Government of National Unity and the Government of South Sudan to make every effort towards reconciliation and recovery, the international community has a key role to play in supporting …
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees concludes visit to Sudan
In a press release issued on 27 April, the UNHCR announced that High Commissioner António Guterres wrapped up his mission to Sudan with a visit to Kassala State, in eastern Sudan, which hosts about 136,000 refugees from Eritrea and Ethiopia. The objective of the visit was for Mr. Guterres "to see for himself one of the most forgotten refugee situations in the world", the UNHCR said.
Addressing local authorities and government representatives in Kassala, Mr.
The UN, the AU and the Government of Sudan hold technical consultations on the Heavy support Package to AMIS
Text of the Communiqué issued on 9 April following the high level technical meeting held the same day in Addis Ababa by the United Nations, the African Union and the Government of Sudan, on the UN Heavy Support package to AMIS:
"A high level technical meeting was held in Addis Ababa on 9 April 2007 in accordance with the decisions taken at the meeting of 28 March 2007 held on the margins of the League of Arab States Summit in Riyadh with the participation of President …
Following is a near-verbatim transcript of today's weekly briefing (12:30PM) by Radhia Achouri, Spokesperson for the Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Sudan: