Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
More than 600,000 people in 17 countries across Africa have been left homeless and in desperate need of urgent humanitarian assistance by what international aid workers are recognising as 'the worst floods in a decade'.
1.5 million people have been affected and 250 people killed by the floods which have wreaked havoc across Africa, from Morocco and across West and East Africa to Ethiopia.
WER has shipped three 40ft containers of hospital beds to Ethiopia for distribution to rural medical centres and hospitals in the Tigray region of the country.
The beds were donated by Sheffied Health Trust and transported from Sheffield to Ethiopia by WER.
Ethiopia contains one of the largest concentrations of poor people on the planet and ranks 170 out of 177 countries in the United Nations Human Development Report.