Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
Washington, DC - VVAF is currently renovating the recently-built Bahir Dar Rehabilitation Center in Ethiopia, constructing an extensive addition to the single building which, when complete, will comprise of a new gait training area, dormitory, kitchen, guard house, and an external fence.
Washington, D.C -- The Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation (VVAF) has been approached by the United Nations Joint Logistics Center (UNJLC) this week to urgently provide humanitarian assistance (through the deployment of technical personnel) for several months in both south Sudan and the Horn of Africa to support emergency operations.
VVAF's Information Management and Mine Action Program (iMMAP) has a standby partnership agreement with the World Food Programme (WFP) and is presently providing support for vulnerability analysis and mapping services as part of the WFP's Regional …
Ethiopia is on the verge of a new era in the care and treatment of Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) in the Amhara Region. Under the leadership of VVAF Country Representative Gebremedhin Bekele and with funding from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) through the Leahy War Victims Fund, VVAF is building a new rehabilitation center in the regional capital of Bahir Dar under the auspices of the Omega Initiative. The Bahir Dar Rehabilitation Center will bring a full range of prosthetic and orthotic services to this large and under-served region of Ethiopia.