Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU Desirous to Support Ethiopia in Fighting Human Trafficking: European Commission Official
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 69 | 25 November - 9 December 2018
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
IAS has been working in Mogadishu, Somalia for many years, and with focus on the drought situation since April. We help 15 schools inside Mogadishu and 16 schools in Lower Shabelle. We are now distributing food, water and plastic sheeting for simple housing in Mogadishu among the Internally Displaced Peoples (IDPs).
“Desparation...Waiting for what may never come. The baby here never survived. Her mother had nothing to offer...The baby cried throughout even as we tried to give her some milk. All I could do was offer a silent prayer for the little one.” IAS Kenya/Somalia Director
HARGEISA, August 30, 2007 - IAS very first development project in Somaliland was handed over to the Ministry of Education and to SASE, a local Somali organisation, thís past week. The project started in the year 2000 and addresses mentally handicapped children who due to the war and many other factors have mental handicaps or learning disabilities.
ETHIOPIA, April 18, 2006 - IAS Ethiopia Programme is now engaged in water distribution in the drought stricken part of Ethiopia, which is most part of the Somali Region. UNICEF is funding a large water distribution program in these areas. IAS has been located two areas: DOLOADO and DOLOBAY waredas (admin. areas) in Liben Zone.
These areas are bordering to Somalia and Kenya and the drought has been sever and many cattle have died and people is suffering.