Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- German Launches Special Training Initiative to Refugees in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
In his drive to lay more emphasis on humanitarian action on the ground and to alleviate the suffering of the victims of the Somali conflict, the Secretary General of the Organisation of the Islamic Conference, Prof. Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, has decided to send a two-man delegation to the Horn of Africa to assess the humanitarian situation within the Somali refugees camps.
Jeddah, 27 November 2006 - Prof. Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, the Secretary-General of the Organization of the Islamic Conference, is following with grave concern the humanitarian plight caused by the worst floods in years that hit Somalia , Kenya and Ethiopia, causing heavy damages in lives and properties.
In Somalia more than 900,000 people have been displaced by the floods that have inundated villages after the two rivers, which flow from the highlands of neighboring Ethiopia, swelled after heavy-rainfall there and in Somalia; and is strong fears that more rainfall in the Ethiopian …
Upon the conclusion of its highly successful 10-day visit to the drought-affected countries of Somalia, Kenya and Ethiopia, the Secretary General of the Organization of the Islamic Conference, Professor Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, received a report today from Ambassador Said Bin Khalifa Al-Mohanadi of the State of Qatar and leader of the three-member OIC fact-finding mission.