Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Briefing note: Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) Ethiopia (August 2018)
Displacement in Eastern Africa is predominantly of a protracted nature. At the end of February 2016, there were 11.7 million people displaced in the region, mostly in Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia (UNHCR), and at least half are children. Although most have been displaced for several years or even decades, few have durable solutions prospects such as returning to their home, being integrated into their host communities or settle elsewhere.
Despite the reduction of new arrivals on the shores of Yemen in the last months, humanitarian needs remain high and the work of aid agencies and NGOs is still going on.
The number of Somalis who reached the Yemeni shores by June 2010 is half of the number of those who arrived by June 2009 (around 6600 in 2010, versus 13.800 in 2009).
Somalia is a country where the situation can improve or worsen quickly. Today it is heading towards the worst: the fighting is rapidly intensifying, hundreds of thousands of people are fleeing the fight or are hit by shortages of food, water and healthcare. How to pave - if it is still possible - the way for a solution towards ending instability and conflict that have prevailed since 1991?