Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
The Eritrea-Ethiopia Claims Commission, established to "decide through binding arbitration all claims for loss, damage or injury by one Government against the other" related to the 1998-2000 conflict between them that "result from violations of international humanitarian law, including the 1949 Geneva Conventions, or other violations of international law," today rendered its Final Awards on Damages in each Party's Claims.
(MADE PURSUANT TO ARTICLE 20 AND ARTICLE 27(1) OF THE COMMISSION'S RULES OF PROCEDURE)
ERITREA-ETHIOPIA BOUNDARY COMMISSION
The Eritrea-Ethiopia Boundary Commission delivered its Decision on delimitation of the border between Eritrea and Ethiopia to representatives of the two governments on Saturday, April 13, 2002. The Decision was delivered at a session attended by all of the members of the Boundary Commission at the premises of the Permanent Court of Arbitration in the Peace Palace in The Hague.
The text of the Decision is now available.
Eritrea - Ethiopia Boundary Commission
Attached map is plate 13 of 14 proposed maps,
see related document for historic maps.
The Hague, April 8, 2002 - The Eritrea-Ethiopia Boundary Commission will deliver its Decision on delimitation of the border between Eritrea and Ethiopia to representatives of the two Governments on Saturday, April 13, 2002. The five-member Boundary Commission was established by an agreement between the two Governments dated December 12, 2000.