Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia-Kenya high-level cross-border Peace dialogue concludes with an action plan to address ongoing inter-communal conflict along common border
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
Release number IFAD/30/07
Rome, 13 June 2007 - More than 60,000 poor farming families in Ethiopia will benefit from a US$57.7 million small-scale irrigation development programme that will enable them to cope better with unreliable rains and frequent droughts, and to increase their food security.
The Participatory Small-scale Irrigation Development Programme will increase household incomes of people living on less than 30 US cents a day.
The programme will be partly financed by a US$20 million loan and a US$20 million grant from IFAD.
Release number IFAD/25/07
Rome, 20 April 2007 - The Executive Board of IFAD approved US$63.5 million in loans and US$59.2 million in grants to fight rural poverty in eight developing countries: Burundi, Cambodia, Comoros, Ethiopia, Kenya, Paraguay, Sierra Leone and Syria.
The Board met at IFAD's headquarters in Rome on 17-18 April.
The grants include US$9.5 million to seven international centres that conduct agricultural research, and provide training and technical assistance in areas related to agriculture and rural development.
Loans to countries in Eastern and …