Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Ethiopia-Kenya high-level cross-border Peace dialogue concludes with an action plan to address ongoing inter-communal conflict along common border
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- UNHCR Ethiopia Factsheet - November 2018
WASHINGTON, Oct 9 (OneWorld.net) - Aid organizations are appealing for global help as millions of families face hunger, water shortages, disease, and death across the eastern part of Africa.
What's the Story?
A multi-year drought has destroyed harvests, driving up the price of remaining food, and forcing people to drink and cook with whatever water they can find, even if it's unsafe. Animals are wasting away in some areas.
ADDIS ABABA, Aug 8 (OneWorld) - Ethiopian officials have said that the country will increase its appeal to the international community for a third time this year, criticizing donors for failing to commit resources to a hunger crisis precipitated by drought and rising food prices.
"It is the humanitarian community's obligation to see that the humanitarian needs are fulfilled," said Simon Mechale, who heads the country's disaster relief agency.