Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- UNHCR Ethiopia Factsheet - November 2018
- Ethiopia: Historic reforms encouraging; country’s displaced must not be forgotten
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
The Netherlands has joined an innovative partnership with the ILO to support refugees and their host communities.
GENEVA (ILO news) - The Netherlands and the ILO have launched a new strategic partnership to create livelihoods for refugees and host communities in the Horn of Africa and the Middle East.
Low-income, rainfed subsistence farmers are amongst Ethiopia’s most vulnerable segment of population, particularly when rainy seasons start late and end early. About 40% of the targeted 50,000 households are headed by women and about 60% are enrolled in the country’s Productive Safety Net Project, a well-established social protection program that serves eight million low income people.
Working Paper No. 5