Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- German Launches Special Training Initiative to Refugees in Ethiopia
Effective and cooperative action to secure long-term food security and improved nutrition in developing countries is a priority shared by all Commonwealth countries, as reflected in the Perth Declaration on Food Security Principles. The humanitarian crisis now affecting the Horn of Africa is a tragic reminder of the chronic food insecurity that afflicts many parts of that continent.
May 22, 2001 (10:20 a.m. EDT)
May 26, 2000 (5:45 p.m. EDT) No. 123
Foreign Affairs Minister Lloyd Axworthy today welcomed Eritrea's acceptance of the latest peace proposals put forward by the Special Envoy of the Organization of African Unity (OAU), Ahmed Ouyahia, aimed at ending the hostilities with neighbouring Ethiopia.
"Eritrea's initial response to the OAU's latest peace proposals is encouraging, but only a first step," said Mr. Axworthy. "I strongly urge the Government of Ethiopia to halt its advance and to return to the bargaining table.