Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: West Guji Zone - Ongoing Humanitarian Activities Overview (as of 15 Sep 2018)
- Ethiopia: Mass arbitrary arrests and detentions of youth threaten a new era of human rights gains
The World Food Program (WFP) said more than 20 million people in the horn of Africa are in need of food aid due to heavy rain.
WFP pointed that the shortage of donations the Program is experiencing will make it difficult to feed people in some parts of Kenya, Somalia, Eritrea, and Djibouti.
It added that Ethiopia requested to convince Sudan and Somalia to allow it to use seaports to deliver humanitarian aid.
The Commissioner of Refugees in the Eastern State, Belal Ahmed Musa, has said the rate of refugees entering through the eastern borders of Kassala and Gadarif States has increased to one hundred (100) people per day. In press statements, Musa revealed that the refugees are mainly from Somalia, Eritrea and Ethiopia adding that the number reported to refugee's administration during last July has exceeded one thousand and four hundred (1400) people.
He further affirmed that the total number of refugees at Al-Shijeirab camp is over thirty three thousand refugees.